Some 2,700 Applicants Notified Of Carolina Acceptance — in Error

About 2,700 applicants for fall 2007 admission to Carolina were notified mistakenly on Jan. 23 that they had been accepted. In fact, decisions on these applications have not been made, and the students were not expecting decisions until March 31.

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions said two simultaneous human errors involving e-mail messages were to blame. Its staff began apologizing to applicants the next day.

“We are still mortified that this happened,” admissions Director Steve Farmer said Thursday, nearly two days after the error. “I hate that it happened. We try to make sure the candidates under our care are treated fairly and humanely, and it’s heartbreaking in this case there were 2,700 students we’ve failed.”


Read complete article

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.